Friday, April 24, 2015

Pathophysiology

The Pathophysiology of Hepatitis C Explained
How does someone get Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) is typically spread when an uninfected person's blood is exposed to the blood of someone infected with Hepatitis C. This can happen as a result of sharing needles, if a health care worker or someone is accidentally stuck with a needly that is contaminated with HCV, a baby born to a mother with Hepatitis C, or, much less commonly, if a person receives a blood transfusion with HCV infected blood. Hepatitis C is rarely transferred person to person via sexual contact or by sharing personal items like a razor or toothbrush. 

In what ways is Hepatitis C not spread from person to person?

  • HCV is not spread through food or water
  • HCV is not spread through breast milk
  • HCV is not spread through hugging, kissing, or holding hands
  • HCV is not spread by coughing or sneezing

How long can Hepatitis C survive outside of a human body?
  • Hepatitis C can survive outside of a body on a surface for 3 weeks. 

What does Hepatitis C Virus look like?
An image of the Hepatitis C Virus viewed under an electron microscope.














What is the pathophysiology of Hepatitis C?

  • Much is still unknown about the Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) and its role in the human body
  • The HCV is sometimes able to evade the body's immune system, leading to a chronic infection
  • Though the body creates an immune response to the HCV, the virus may be able to survive as a result of rapid replication
  • Ultimately, the body continues to try to destroy the HCV and as a result causes damage to the body's own liver cells


For more information about Hepatitis C Virus visit this website:
http://nursing.advanceweb.com/Article/Hepatitis-C-Focus-on-Pathophysiology-amp-Treatment.aspx

Sources:
http://nursing.advanceweb.com/Article/Hepatitis-C-Focus-on-Pathophysiology-amp-Treatment.aspx
http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/C/cFAQ.htm
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/nov/05/hope-hepatitis-cure-drugs-success-sofosbuvir-ledipasvir

2 comments:

  1. My sister almost died of CHRONIC HEPATITIS B, she suffered rips pain, swollen stomach, tiredness, headache and more as symptoms of the ailment. The hospital said her liver was in danger and they couldn’t help, and out of frustration I went online looking for solution to help my sisters, and I came across Dr. Iyabiye’s herbal recommendation, I contacted him and explain in details the medical condition of my sister. I order for the medication and the pains was gone, she was totally cured after the herbal treatment. So, I came back here to testify of his herbal medication. Doctor’s contact: (Whatsapp: +2348072229413 call:+2348158577300) email: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really unbelievable, I just got tested negative to HEPATITIS B after a long time of suffering. I experienced dark urine and ribs pain and then I went to the hospital for treatment and I was told its hepatitis b that it has no cure, although I was given some drugs to slowdown the viral load but it later got worse hence my body was getting weaker. My friend helped me locate Dr. Iyabiye while looking for possible solution online. I contacted him and the pains gone after taken his medicine, I went back to the hospital for a test and I was tested negative. This is real wonderful, here is the Dr. contact: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com phone +234-815-857-7300

    ReplyDelete